Please see below details announced by Archbishop Kieran O’Reilly SMA, Archbishop of Cashel and Emly, regarding the 2022 clerical changes and appointments for the Archdiocese of Cashel and Emly:
- Very Rev Cannon Conor Ryan PP, VF, Hospital & Herbertstown, to be AP Hospital & Herbertstown
- Rev Father Sean Fennelly, Chaplain, Saint John the Baptist Community School, Hospital, to be PP Hospital & Herbertstown
- Rev Father Thomas Dunne CC, Boherlahan & Dualla, to be PP Murroe & Boher.
Commenting on the clerical appointments for 2022, Archbishop O’Reilly said, “These appointments will take effect from Saturday, 3 September next. On behalf of the Archdiocese, I wish to express my deep gratitude to all affected by these appointments and wish them God’s blessing, good health and fulfilment in their ministries. I am also very grateful to the people of the Archdiocese who have supported our priests and their ministry in so many important ways over the last twelve months. This has been a particularly challenging period for all of us.”
Archbishop O’Reilly offered his congratulations to the following priests who celebrate their 50th anniversary to priestly ordination this year:
- Father Micheal Hickey PP, Bansha & Kilmoyler
- Father Patrick O’Gorman AP, Kilcommon, Hollyford & Rearcross
- Father Thomas O.Breen PP, Ballylanders
- Father Joseph Egan PP, Boherlahan & Dualla
- Father John O’Neill PP, Galbally & Lisvernane
- Father Richard Kelly PP, Kilbehenny & Anglesboro
Archbishop O’Reilly also offered his congratulations to Father Francis McCarthy CC, Athy, Co Kildare, who celebrates his 25th anniversary of priestly ordination.
For media contact: Catholic Communications Office Maynooth: Martin Long +353 (0) 86 172 7678 and Brenda Drumm +353 (0) 87 310 4444.