20th November 2007
Media notification for the Consistory in Rome for Cardinal-elect Seán Brady on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 November 2007
Friday 23 November
Martin Long, Director of the Catholic Communications Office, will be in Rome from Friday 23 November 2007 to liaise with media regarding the forthcoming Consistory for Cardinal-elect Seán Brady on 24 and 25 November. Martin is contactable on 00 353 86 1727678.
Media representatives based in, or travelling to, Rome in order to cover the Consistory are invited to an informal reception in the Irish College Rome on 8:00pm on Friday 23 November to meet with Cardinal-elect Brady and other members of the Irish Bishops’ Conference.
Saturday 24 November
After the Consistory, Cardinal Brady will meet with members of the media at a press conference in the Irish College at 12:45pm on Saturday 24 November. After this press conference, the Catholic Communications Office will invite media representatives to lunch in a nearby restaurant.
Special web feature
A special web feature detailing information on this Consistory is now available on: www.catholicbishops.ie Its various links include:
* Pope Benedict XVI’s announcement on 17 October 2007 that Archbishop Seán Brady is to be created a Cardinal
* The life and ministry of Archbishop Seán Brady
* Programme for Archbishop Seán Brady’s Consistory and Irish Bishops attending
* Explanation of the responsibilities of a Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church
* RTÉ coverage of the Consistory and the return to Ireland of Cardinal Brady
* Cardinal Seán Brady press conference speech following his creation as Cardinal (available on 24/11/07)
* Accreditation procedure for media at the Holy See Press Office
Martin Long Director of Communications (086 172 7678)
Kathy Tynan Communications Officer (086 817 5674)