Invitation to respond to questions on the ‘Pastoral challenges of the family in the context of evangelisation’ for the forthcoming Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops
Cardinal Seán Brady at the launch of The Family Prayer Book in Maynooth, Co Kildare.
Pope Francis has announced that in October 2014 an Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops will take place in the Vatican to discuss the theme: ‘The pastoral challenges for the family in the context of evangelisation’. In order to prepare for this Synod, and to assist in its discussions, the Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops has initiated a consultation to obtain responses on this important theme.
A ‘Preparatory Document’ to contextualise this initiative is available on the Vatican website: click here
This ‘Preparatory Document’ also includes the consultation questions which are grouped under the following ten sections:
- The Diffusion of the Teachings on the Family in Sacred Scripture and the Church’s Magisterium
- Marriage according to the Natural Law
- The Pastoral Care of the Family in Evangelization
- Pastoral Care in Certain Difficult Marital Situations
- On Unions of Persons of the Same Sex
- The Education of Children in Irregular Marriages
- The Openness of the Married Couple to Life
- The Relationship Between the Family and the Person
- Other Challenges and Proposals
- Further comments
For those interested in completing the survey, please return your response to your local diocesan office. An electronic map representing each of the twenty six dioceses on the island of Ireland, along with contact details, is available on www.catholicbishops.ie