9 December 2010
Veritas launches its ‘Christmas Windows’ at their flagship store in Dublin city
– Families are invited to Veritas to view the new Moving Crib
Veritas, the publishing agency of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference, has launched its ‘Christmas Windows’ in the flagship store: Veritas Head Office, 7 – 8 Lower Abbey Street in Dublin. All are welcome to view and enjoy this new ‘Moving Crib’.
Announcing the launch Ms Maura Hyland, Director of Veritas said, “In these difficult economic times facing families there is a real sense of doom and gloom around the country. In Veritas we feel that it is important to convey the positive and eternal message of Christmas, telling the Nativity story in a way that will uplift the spirits of everyone and place a sense of gladness and peace in our hearts.
“Our Veritas ‘Moving Crib’ reminds us of yesteryear when our city department stores had the whole family, but especially children, captivated with the compelling message of Christmas. Our Veritas windows presents the real story of Christmas and features an animated Crib with the Holy Family at its forefront. Please feel free to bring cameras and videos to record this wonderful experience.
Ms Hyland continued “Christmas is a truly wonderful time of year and we invite everyone, especially parents and their children, to our Veritas store from now until Christmas to take some time to savour the atmosphere and to hear and see the “Real Story of Christmas!”
For more information about Veritas please log on to www.veritas.ie
Notes for Editors
The work of Veritas includes:
- Veritas Publications: Publisher of general religious titles, liturgical and catechetical texts.
- Veritas Bookshops: There are ten Veritas retail outlets in Ireland: Dublin City Centre, Blanchardstown, Cork, Ennis, Sligo, Letterkenny, Monaghan, Naas, Derry and Belfast.
- Veritas Wholesale: Based in Dublin and wholesaling for Veritas Publications and other leading religious publishers.
- Veritas Audio and DVD: Producer and distributor of audio and videotapes from all over the world.
- Intercom: A magazine for people in ministry. Published ten times per year Intercom has a circulation of 6,100 including 1,600 overseas subscribers.
Martin Long, Director of Communications 00353 (0) 86 172 7678
Brenda Drumm, Communications Officer 00353 (0) 87 310 4444