Pope Francis signed his new encyclical, Fratelli Tutti, on Saturday 3 October 2020 during a visit to Assisi. The Holy Father celebrated Mass at the tomb of his namesake, Saint Francis of Assisi. The phrase ‘Fratelli Tutti’ is taken from the writings of St. Francis, one of the major inspirations for Pope Francis’ third encyclical, on fraternity and social friendship. The full text of the encyclical, the third of Pope Francis’ pontificate is released today, Sunday 4 October, the Feast of Saint Francis of Assisi.
Please see below the full text of the encyclical letter and some useful links and resources:
- FRATELLI TUTTI – the Encyclical Letter of Pope Francis on Fraternity and Social Friendship
- An overview of the Encyclical FRATELLI TUTTI
- Quick Key Guide to reading FRATELLI TUTTI
- Questions and Answers on FRATELLI TUTTI
- A video to introduce FRATELLI TUTTI
- A statement by Archbishop Eamon Martin, Archbishop of Armagh and President of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference.
Some visual overviews of Fratelli Tutti are also included below: