Bishop Brendan Kelly, Bishop of Galway & Kilmacduagh and Apostolic Administrator of Kilfenora, has today announced the following diocesan appointments which will take effect from Friday 4 September.
- Very Rev Joseph Canon Delaney, chaplain at the Galway Clinic to retire.
- Very Rev Martin Canon Glynn, PP Mervue and Good Shepherd to be Administrator of Ballybane, and Co-ordinator of the City East Pastoral Area (Castlegar, Mervue, Renmore, Ballybane, and Good Shepherd parishes) in addition to his current appointments.
- Very Rev John D Keane, PP Ballybane to retire as parish priest of Ballybane and be appointed chaplain to the Galway Clinic in addition to continuing as chaplain of Merlin Park Hospital.
- Very Rev Frank Canon Larkin, AP Saint James’ Bushypark to retire.
- Rev Robert McNamara to be CC Moycullen.
For media contact: Catholic Communications Office Maynooth: Martin Long +353 (0) 86 172 7678 and Brenda Drumm +353 (0) 87 310 4444.