Archbishop Michael Neary, Archbishop of Tuam, has today announced the following diocesan appointments which will take effect from Friday 25 September:
· Very Rev John Canon Fallon, AP, Kilmaine to retire;
· Very Rev John Canon Walsh, PP, Aghamore to retire;
· Very Rev Joseph Canon O’ Brien, PP, Abbeyknockmoy to retire;
· Very Rev Patrick Mooney, PP, Glenamaddy/Williamstown to retire;
· Very Rev Ronnie Boyle, PP, Letterfrack to become PP, Abbeyknockmoy;
· Rev Eugene O’Boyle, CC, Achill to become PP, Glenamaddy/Williamstown;
· Rev Gerard Quirke, CC, Westport to become CC, Achill;
· Rev Jerald David, CC, pro-tem Athenry, to become Administrator Aghamore Parish and CC, Knock;
· Rev Anthaiah Pudota, Administrator Kilconly to become Administrator Letterfrack;
· Rev Frank Conlisk, SPS, to become Administrator Milltown and Kilconly;
· Rev Shane Costello, newly ordained, to become CC Westport.
For media contact: Catholic Communications Office Maynooth: Martin Long +353 (0) 86 172 7678 and Brenda Drumm +353 (0) 87 310 4444.