You, or a representative, are invited to attend the launch of A Room at the Inn? the pastoral letter on housing and homelessness by the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference:
|Date and time||Monday 1 October 2018 at 1.00pm, the first day of the Autumn General Meeting of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference|
|Venue||Columba Centre, Saint Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co Kildare|
|In attendance||Bishop Kevin Doran of Elphin and acting chair of the Council for Justice and Peace; Father Seán Donohoe OFM Cap, co-director of the Capuchin Day Centre in Dublin city; and the research coordinator of the Council for Justice and Peace.|
Notes for editors
- Please advise us, by return email, if you are in a position to attend this press conference. Refreshments will be available.
- This launch will be streamed on Facebook Live on the ‘Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference’ page and can be followed on Twitter @catholicbishops and by using the hashtags #ARoomAtTheInn and #homelessness.
- The role of the Council for Justice & Peace is to support the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference in promoting the social teaching of the Church and to advise on issues of social concern, both nationally and internationally.
- A copy of A Room at the Inn? will be available in hard copy at the press conference as well as on justiceandpeace.ie
- Media may wish to contact Mr John McElroy on +353 (0) 87 241 6985 and on [email protected] to obtain photographs for publication purposes.
For media contact: Catholic Communications Office Maynooth: Martin Long 00353 (0) 86 172 7678 and Katie Crosby 00353 (0) 86 862 3298