Cloyne Diocese to participate in ‘24 Hours for the Lord’
Five churches in the diocese of Cloyne will remain open to offer the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) for 24 hours from 5pm Friday 28 March to 5pm Saturday 29 March. This is in response to a worldwide initiative called ’24 hours for the Lord’ which will be launched by Pope Francis in Rome on Friday at 5pm Rome time.
The churches involved are:
- Holy Rosary Church, Midleton
- St Mary’s Church, Mallow
- St Colman’s Church, Macroom
- Church of the Immaculate Conception, Kanturk
- St Patrick’s Church, Fermoy.
Priests from neighbouring parishes will take part in a rota of confessors to ensure that at least one priest is available right through the 24 hour period. Eucharistic Adoration will also take place in the above churches over the 24 hour period. Everyone is welcome to come to those churches either to pray and/or avail of the Sacrament of Reconciliation during that 24 hour period.
Notes to Editors:
- The Diocese of Cloyne has 46 parishes and covers east, north and mid Cork.