The first National Religious Education Congress took place in 2007 and has continued since then as a biennial event. Its aim is to provide an opportunity for religious educators to come together to find inspiration for their work and to avail of the opportunity for personal renewal and growth. This year, the congress will be a one-day event held in association with the Mater Dei Institute of Education, Dublin.
Keynote speakers Sr Edith Prendergast (Archdiocese of Los Angeles), Dr Andrew McGrady (Mater Dei Institute) and Dr Gareth Byrne (Irish Centre for Religious Education) will provide input into the key issues challenging religious educators today. This will be complimented by practical workshops on a range of topics:
- Nurturing young people’s faith through prayer
- School and parish liturgical music
- Christian meditation for children and young people
- Digital storytelling and religious education
- Spiritual development for teachers
- Living Gospel values in our schools
- Responding to bullying
- Resourcing social justice in schools
- Senior Cycle non-exam religious education in post-primary schools
- New primary religious education curriculum and programme
- Teaching religious education to children with special educational needs
- A calendar approach to teaching religious education in post-primary schools
For a full list of speakers and to download an application form, visit www.recongress.ie today!