Council for Pastoral Renewal and Adult Faith Development of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference
This Council comes under the Episcopal Commission for Worship, Pastoral Renewal and Faith Development
Council for Pastoral Renewal and Adult Faith Development
Anne Codd pbvm – Resource Person
Tel: +353 (0)1 505 3029
Fax: +353 (0)1 601 6401
Julieann Moran – Research Assistant
Tel: +353 (0)1 505 3025
Fax: +353 (0)1 601 6401
To view content on this site related to this Council click on the following tag
The Council for Pastoral Renewal and Adult Faith Development includes:
Bishop Séamus Freeman (Chair)
Bishop Donal McKeown
Bishop Denis Nulty
Rev Dr Gareth Byrne
Ms Teresa Geraghty
Ms Eileen Kelly
Ms Maureen Kelly
Ms Rosemary Lavelle
Fr Martin McAlinden
Mr Seamus Mc Donald
Ms Ann Murray
Dom Richard Purcell OSCO
The Council for Pastoral Renewal and Adult Faith Development is one of the councils in the Department of Worship, Pastoral Renewal and Faith Development.
The purpose of the Council is to assist the bishops in the work of pastoral renewal and adult faith development.
The Council fulfils its purpose by offering advice, proposals and recommendations to the Episcopal Commission for Worship, Pastoral Renewal and Faith Development, by facilitating ongoing communication and consultation between all groups and agencies which are involved in pastoral renewal and adult faith development, and by promoting processes to develop shared vision, and pastoral priorities and strategies at national level.
The Council aims to maintain and develop communication between the Episcopal Conference and the dioceses in relation to key areas of pastoral development – evangelisation, adult faith formation, parish life, lay discipleship and ministry, and young Church.
The Council works in collaboration with other Councils and Agencies of the Episcopal Conference.
The current work of the Council for Pastoral Renewal and Adult Faith Development includes:
- Supporting the task group on evangelisation
- Developing a dedicated website for adult faith formation
- Facilitating national conversation on the grouping of parishes into larger pastoral areas
- Revising the framework document on Parish Pastoral Councils
- Facilitating dialogue with ecclesial movements and associations of lay faithful
- Encouraging the implementation of framework document on youth ministry
- Promoting ongoing dialogue following consultation and reflection on the Pastoral Letter of Pope Benedict XVI to the Catholics of Ireland
- A subcommittee on Youth and Young Adult Ministry with Bishop McKeown as Chairman.