Accreditation Procedure at the Holy See Press Office (for press passes to attend the Consistory in Rome 24-25 Nov)
14th November 2007
Accreditation Procedure at the Holy See Press Office
For media who wish to apply for press passes to attend the Consistory in Rome on 24 and 25 November 2007, at which Archbishop Seán Brady is to be created a cardinal, it is necessary to apply to the Holy See Press Office for accreditation. Its details are as follows:
Holy See Press Office
Via della Conciliazione 54
SCV-00120 CITTÀ DEL VATICANO
[this E-mail address is reserved exclusively for sending information, photographs, etc. in electronic form regarding the accreditation procedure]
* Office hours:
from Monday to Friday, during working days (according to the Vatican calender):
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* For TEMPORARY accreditation it is necessary to present the Accreditation form, with the following:
1. Letter of request for temporary accreditation to the Holy See Press Office by the management of the news organisation represented must specify the period and the event for which accreditation is being requested; attest that the applicant is a professional journalist assigned to cover the information regarding the Holy See; and, must agree to respect the ethical norms of the journalistic profession (ex. those concerning embargo, etc.).
In the case of free-lance journalists, a letter of presentation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Diplomatic representative of the country where the represented press organisation is located.
2. Photocopy of the press card (for those who come from countries where this exists).
3. Photocopy of the valid passport or another valid identity document.
4. 1 recent passport-size photograph in colour and signed behind.
Martin Long Director of Communications (086 172 7678)
Kathy Tynan Communications Officer (086 817 5674)